Finding an Internship
- STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SECURING AN INTERNSHIP SITE.
- STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THE COMPLETION OF THE APPROPRIATE STEPS FOR SITE APPROVAL IF A SITE IS NOT ON THE APPROVED INTERNSHIP SITE LIST.
*All PDF forms should be typed and submitted electronically following the instructions provided with the form. (Students may only formally apply and be accepted to one internship site position at a time)
- Begin your search with the APK approved internship sites.
- Contact a site that interests you from the list provided or contact one you find on your own.
- Find out if they are offering internships during the specific semester that you would like to intern.
- Ask if they require an interview or any other materials, i.e. application, transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Make a note of these requirements and the name and address for submission.
- If you would like to intern with an organization, company, hospital, or other entity not on the list of Approved Internship Sites, you can have the site approved.
- Ask the site to fill out (type) and submit a Site Approval Form. An affiliation agreement is required for final approval.
- Complete the Internship Application Packet/Submission process for confirmed site.